Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Shipping companies

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lorikeets's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2004
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a stove (not a Chambers) that I'm thinking of listing on e-bay, and I want to provide some shipping possibilities for folks. I remember someone talking about Eric. Could that someone share more info please? Any other suggestions? Do I need to crate it, or will the company handle that?
    Thanks for the assistance.
    Gwen

  2. #2
    Inactive Member agrauman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2005
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He has a website at [url="http://www.machinemover.com"]www.machinemover.com[/url] with contact info. He doesn't crate, but wraps items up. I don't have any direct experience using him, but did contact him about rates, and he was less than the other freight companies I contacted. Good luck! Arthur

  3. #3
    Inactive Member vtran265's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2005
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lori,

    Tura Heckler and Tom Pulmeri both have had large items shipped via Eric's shipping service. I am about to receive a vintage Philco fridge from Northern California all the way to Houston, TX. I spoke to the person who sold me the fridge and they said Eric was a total pro (picking up the item). He is delivering my fridge in the next few days. I'll let you know how my experience goes.

    Victor

  4. #4
    taheckler
    Guest taheckler's Avatar

    Post

    I had Eric move a Chambers oven from Illinois to So. Calif. He charged me $350, although I think he's adjusted his rates downwards since then. As long as you can wait until he swings thru the pickup town and then gets to your town (my wait was 2-3 months) then his rates are very good. He was professional and good about communication. Considering his terrific rates, I highly recommend him.

    tura.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tplumeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2004
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hi, agree with above. best rates, good service as long as youre flexible with pick-up and delivery.
    tom

  6. #6
    Inactive Member vtran265's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2005
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi All,
    I just received a vintage Philco from Alturas, CA (which is out in the middle of nowhere). Eric delivered my fridge without a hitch and he was truly a pleasure to deal with. If timing is not a huge issue, Eric comes highly recommended.
    Victor

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pmisaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2005
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was successful in bidding on a stove (looks like a BZ) on e-Bay (no more whining about not being able to find a stove) that is located near Dallas in DeSoto, Texas.

    The seller has asked that it be moved within a month and I'm not sure that Eric will be able to accommodate that request.


    Does anyone have a second choice for shippers if Eric can't do it?

    I also thought about asking the seller if there is a local storage unit where he could move it. Then the stove could be held for Eric until he gets to Dallas. Eric is probably better than another shipper, but the more the stove is moved, the more likely it is to get damaged.

    I am also getting a quote from Freighters and Craters on the basis of a recommendation that one e-bay seller made in a listing for a stove, but the only things I know about them are based on ads.


    Peter

  8. #8
    Inactive Member stoveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2004
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Peter,
    Congrats on the new stove! If you have a photo of the Chambers range, look at the Thermostat knob. If it is a little red knob with a small Chrome handle, it is a "B". The "BZ" used the Robertshaw 2200S thermostat and a bigger white plastic knob.


    I have used Craters&Freighters with good results. They were not cheap, but the crating was great, no damage at all. I bought an O'Keefe & Merritt Aristocrat out of Hollywood,Ca and had it shipped to our home in Uncertain. Yes, we are Heretics. We cook our daily meals on the OK&M, but we have a Red Chambers in our Guest Cottage.


    The 6 burner,3 oven,2 broiler range showed up in a giant wooden crate. It was mounted on a wooden pallet built of 2x4's, then wrapped in layers of bobble wrap, then a box built around it using 2x4's and sheets of 3/8" plywood. I think it was about $1200 to get it crated, shipped, insured from Ca to Tx. I was very happy with their serice, but I wasn't cheap.


    And check out the Chambers Literature here:
    [url="http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store"]http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store[/url]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pmisaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2005
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Stoveman,

    Thanks for all of the information. It is a great help.

    You are not a heretic, just a connoisseur of classic stoves.

    How does the performance of the Aristocrat compare to one of the larger Chambers Imperial stoves. It sounds like it is designed to really crank out large volumes of food for hungry hordes.

    The stove in DeSoto looks like a model 15-B, but has a white thermostat control knob. It also has a stovetop vent for the pilot, unlike the model B stoves that I have seen (both in person and in that wonderful catalog I got from you).

    Regards,

    Peter

  10. #10
    Mybelle21
    Guest Mybelle21's Avatar

    Post

    Can someone get me the contact information for this Eric guy? I tried the web page and got and "under construction" message.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •